The Big Love Network‘s Akron City Repair project culminates in a three day, city-wide placemaking festival on September 29 – October 1, 2017. This event will consist of our four sites implementing their neighbor-led designs around Akron and then communing each night at Love On Akron for panel discussions with Akron leaders. In addition, community members will have thier chance to ask questions and share thier ideas & opinions.
Discussions will take place at The Front Porch Cafe’.
This is a FREE EVENT, OPEN-TO-ALL!
Friday, September 29 / West Hill Site Install (Noon – 5 pm at Oakdale Pocket Park)
6 pm: CARING ECONOMY Community Discussion Panel
Saturday, September 30 / NOHO/Cascasde Valley Site Install (9 am – 5 pm at Cascade Valley Park)
6 – 7:30: DESIGN OF DISPLACEMENT Community Discussion Panel
8-9 pm: Akron City Repair: Discussion & Feedback (we welcome your thoughts on the City Repair projects & process!)
Sunday, October 1 / Middlebury (11 am – 5 pm at E. Market & Broad) & Summit Lake Site Install (at Miller Avenue Church)
6 – 7:30 pm: BOUNCE BEYOND Community Discussion Panel
7:30 – 8:30 pm: Dance Party with DJ Kevin Richards
Highlights from Love on Akron 2016 include:
- Panel Discussions:
- “The Re-Idenification of Rubber City” with Jason Segedy, Michael Marras, David Giffels, Tony Troppe, Ameer Williamson, Jennifer Toles, Ian Patrick Schwarber, & Brad Savage
- The “Caring Economy” with Nancy Lynn Holland, Greta A. Lax, Julie Costell, AaRron Epps, Kyle Julien
- “Akron City Repair Process & Next Steps: A Conversation with the Facilitators”
- “Ecosystems of Problem Solving: A Peacebuildling Discussion” with Zach Freidhof, Larry Terkel, Kyle Jozsa, Swami Sankarananda, Dr. Bill Lyons, South Street Ministries
- Local Food from Ms. Julie’s Kitchen, The Square Scullery & Compass Coffee
- Live Music, Yoga, Meditation, & Healing Modalities